Last updated: July 20th, 2018
Masjid AlSalam is looking for individuals interested in joining a new initiative called the Champions Media Network or CMN. The purpose of CMN is to create an engaging and captivating sphere of influence for the youth of our community, managed and run by other youth under the guidance of experienced professionals.
- Four teams will be formed, as described below.
- Other than the first team, all other teams must be YOUTH (High School or college students)
- All applicants must REGISTER ONLINE HERE and are encouraged to submit sample prior work to ([email protected])
- All applicants will be interviewed before they join CMN team.
- All team members will be volunteer. This may change after team member shows advanced skills in his/her respective team.
- Deadline to register is Friday July 27th
We are looking for community members with Mass Communications MC, Journalism, or Public Speaking experiences to mentor/train in his/her specialty.
We are looking for creative writers. Their skills should be including but not limited to:
- Journalism/composition skills
- Accurate Research
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Compelling and relevant writing
We are also looking for effective public speakers or performers. Their skills should be including but not limited to:
- Good communication and persuasion skills
- Well-exposed to various environments and point of views
- Resilient and able to withstand adversity
- Able to engage the audience in a powerful and exciting manner
Finally, we are seeking people with Audio/Video/Tech Experience as well as. Their skills should be including but not limited to:
- Creative with digital technology skills (e.g., good user for core social media APPS).
- A good sense of timing, visual awareness, and high level of attention to detail
- The ability to meet tight deadlines, stay focused and patient
- Basic Knowledge of media production and IT skills