Last updated: April 28th, 2023
Houston Moon Sighting Committee members met today in the presence of collaborating organizations, and based on confirmed moon sighting reports within North America and across many Muslim countries, declares that tomorrow is the completion of the month of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr will be on Friday, April 21st, 2023.
On behalf of the Houston Moon Sighting Committee, collaborating organizations, ISGH Elected Officials, staff, and volunteers, we ask ALLAH SWT to accept from all of us and wish you and your family a blessed and Eid Mubarak.
Click HERE to see the official ISGH announcement.
As Salam u Alaykum
The Houston Moon Sighting Committee at ISGH will meet Inn Sha’a Allah on the 29th of Ramadan (Thursday April 20, 2023 at 8:30PM via ZOOM) to verify and examine moon sighting reports and declare the commencement of the month of Shawaal accordingly.
Eid Ul Fitr will be either Friday (4/21) or Saturday (4/22). We will announce it here as soon as the declaration is made by ISGH.
Useful things to know for those attending the Eid prayers at Masjid AlSalam located at 16700 Old Louetta Road, Spring, TX 77379:
There will Insha-Allah be 3 Eid prayers held:
- 7:30 am – led by Dr. Sh. Mamdouh Mahmoud
- 8:45 am – led by Hafiz Hamza Kasim
- 10:00 am – led by Ustadh Fahad Tasleem
- this prayer is recommended for most in order to reduce congestion in the first two prayers
- Takbeerat will start 30 minutes before each salah time
- All three prayers will be livestreamed on the masjid’s Facebook page and its YouTube channel.
- Men will pray in the Multi-Purpose Hall (gym)
- Women will pray in the prayer halls in the main building – both upstairs and downstairs halls will be available
Pay Your Fitrah:
Fitrah must be paid before salat-ul-Eid. Please pay it as soon as possible instead of waiting until the prayer. Teams that are responsible for distributing the Fitrah to the right people require time and paying at the last minute means that your money does NOT reach the right people in time. Fitrah is $10 per person and can be paid in person or electronically using either of the following methods:
- Please try to attend the 3rd prayer to help reduce congestion in the first two prayers.
- Please CARPOOL to avoid heavy congestion when entering and exiting the masjid.
- Please leave quickly upon finishing the prayer and the khutbah to make room for people coming for the next prayer.
- Please follow the instructions by the parking volunteers and officers present there to guide the flow of traffic.
- It is VERY important that no one blocks the way for another car, unless instructed to do so by the parking team.
- You are expected to return immediately following the prayer if your car is blocking anyone.
- Please note that a new grassy parking surface has been made available outside the masjid, next to the subdivision to the south side of the masjid. Enter that parking area from the subdivision side.
- The following graphic represents the traffic flow that will be enforced getting into and out of the masjid parking lot.
There is a 50% chance of thunderstorms on Friday morning. Please bring plastic bags to keep your shoes in and keep these next to you when you pray.
Stop by for some SWEET TREATS from our Sisters Committee & friends at Dunkin Donuts